Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Read-a-thon!!!!!

One of my main motivations for starting a blog was so that I could become a joiner. I read about reading challenges and the Sunday Salon and other fascinating reading projects. I lurking on the sidelines watching and dreaming...and then came the read-a-thon, hosted by Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf. Reading the posts from the last two Read-a-thons I was seized with envy. Really, what a wonderful idea! An excuse to devote twenty-four hours to nothing but reading and writing about reading. Count me in! And thus, this blog was born.

I could not be more excited about my participation in this event. I've been creating a pile of books so that I will have many to choose from, thinking about the all important snacks and gently encouraging the boyfriend to find ways to amuse himself on Saturday, October 18th. From one former lurker, won't you consider joining us? Sign up at The Hidden Side of a Leaf. You know you want to.

3 comments:

Ana S. said...

I'm one of the read-a-thon helpers and I've been visiting participants to make sure they don't forget it's this Saturday already. It's clear that you haven't, and it's great to see how excited I you are about it :D

Dewey said...

Leslie! Guess what! You won the box of spooky books from Hachette!

Andi said...

Welcome! I hope you have a blast with the Read-a-Thon. This is my 2nd one, and I simply wouldn't miss it!