Sunday, October 19, 2008

Crushing Disappointment

During hour two of the long-anticipated Read-a-Thon my computer crashed and was unable to be revived. (No matter how many times I attempted CPR!) I continued on by myself with no on-line support. To say I was disappointed doesn't really describe the feeling...

I soldiered on by myself and managed to complete five books and remain awake until 3:50a.m. Here's what I completed:
  • The Glen Rock Book of the Dead by Marion Winik 110 pgs.
  • Epilogue by Anne Roiphe (started before r-a-t) 28 pgs.
  • Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen 290 pgs.
  • What Now by Ann Patchett 97 pgs.
  • Things I Learned about My Dad (in therapy 230 pgs.

Grand total : 769 pgs.

I was pretty proud of myself for taking on the challenge alone. It was surprisingly enjoyable just to give myself permission to do nothing but read for (most of ) 24 hours. I am looking forward to April with a great deal of anticipation! I'll post more about my solitary read-a-thon once the computer is back from the repair service. Thanks for all the supportive comments. It made me feel happy to see them today.

No comments: