Thursday, August 28, 2008

Abandonment

I abandoned my brand new blog due to many strange and unavoidable circumstances:

1. I had an opportunity to go to Canada on the spur of the moment to visit with a friend from England that I haven't seen in seventeen years. It was a fantastic reunion! We were in the small Canadian town where we went to college. Nothing like old friends and old places to bring memories flooding back.

2. My best friend suffered the death of a close family member and needed much support and time. I was glad to be able to help in any small way.

3. My boyfriend's mother visited from Florida prompting a flurry of housecleaning and nail biting. This was her first visit to our home. Thankfully, she was warm and pleasant, although a bit overwhelmed by all the books!

I hope to return to the book talk in the next day or two. I've been reading and purchasing books at an unprecedented rate. Can't wait to share!

No comments: