Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Library Books are Overdue Yet Again

In today's mail I received a nice note from one of the three (yes, I said three) libraries I frequent stating that I have overdue books. This is not an uncommon occurrence. Despite my best intentions, I often need to pay for my practice of borrowing much more than I can read in two weeks. As a result, I am flying through Unaccustomed Earth by Jumpha Lahiri. Luckily, I'm loving it. I also want to finish The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner. It's an interesting NF read about a man who travels the globe looking for the happiest places, and people on earth. Hint: they aren't at Disneyland! I will need to finish both of these before the local librarians issue a price for my head. At least it's giving me an excuse to leave Corelli and his everlasting Mandolin alone.

No comments: