Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mid-Event Survey

1. I'm about to start reading, This World we live in, by Susan Beth Pfeffer.
2. I've finished one book, Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman. Boy, it was a good one!
3. I'm looking forward to the book named in #1.
4. I tried to make arrangements to free the whole day, but alas, they fell through and I had to work this morning.
5. I haven't had many interruptions now that I'm home from work.
6. Not surprised by much....I am a veteran.
7. Nope. I love it as it is!
8. I would finally, for the first time in two years, clear the entire day and night!
9. Me, tired? No way.
10. I save large print books for the wee hours when my eyes are tired!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, smart leaving large print for the evening. I think I'm going to go for the audiobooks in the evening.

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

I can't wait to get your reaction of Life As We Knew It. It's a great readathon book. Have lots of fun today!
Team Simile :)

Anonymous said...

(Non)traditional Buddhist readathon blessing:

Just as the books fill the shelves,
Pile together on the floor and stack up on the table
So may the joy of the readathon
Flow forth to brighten your day and lift your spirit.
Books already read, books in progress and books yet to be read.

By the power of every word on the page
May your book be delightful,
As scary as Lovecraft’s Cthulhu
Or as sweet as a box of See’s candy.

Let the power of the images evoked by words
Keep you stay awake long through the night
May no obstacle impede
Your day filled with books.

For all of those who are reading today
Who follow in the path of Dewey
May your day be filled with the four blessings
Of fabulous books, tasty snacks, comfy chairs and joy.

Col (Col Reads) said...

Here's your Hour 9 Cheer:

We love Bronte,
Austen too!
We love reading!
How about you?

Hope you're having an awesome Readathon!

Go Team Simile!

Amanda Roper said...

I'm cheering for you!

Marg said...

I like the Susan Pfeffer books I have read so far.

Hope you are enjoying your readathon!

#teamsimile

Anonymous said...

1, 2, 3, 4
Hope your book isn’t a bore
5, 6, 7, 8
And your readathon is going great!

Col (Col Reads) said...

Here’s your Midway Cheer:
Readathon-ers ready
Readathon-ers set
Readathon-ers reading now
No way you can stop yet!
Great job!

Cass said...

Don't yawn, don't be withdrawn: keep reading on!